Episode 116: How to Activate Your Passive Driver Referral Program
Do you struggle with your driver referral program?
Do you have the most awesome carrot in place – like the company who gives their drivers a free cruise if they get them 5 referrals a year, plus paid time off, plus a referral bonus? Yet it’s failing to reap the rewards you hoped it would? (This particular carrot sees this specific company only get a handful of driver referrals, and they’re a carrier with 400 trucks).
So why don’t passive driver referral programs work better? Why don’t they yield larger dividends?
In this episode of Recruit and Retain Chad discusses why a passive referral program doesn’t work. More importantly why, if you want to take advantage of referrals, you can’t leave the task of referring up to the drivers alone.
“And I think there is a problem with ongoing awareness. Drivers don’t think about this on a daily basis. And companies aren’t promoting it on a daily basis. I think that’s a marketing problem.”
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The problem with passive driver referral programs
- How to create an active driver referral program
- Training drivers in sales tactics to get more referrals
- How to take advantage of a “thank you”
- Getting referrals from introverts
- Using technology to manage driver referral programs
- The ROI of a driver referral program
- Email – email@example.com
- LinkedIn – linkedin.com/in/chadhendricks
- Cell – 920-371-2101
HOW TO CONNECT WITH CHAD: