Episode 82: Why Sales Skills Matter
Chad Hendricks is the host of the Recruit and Retain: Trucking Edition podcast, as well as the Vice President of Brand Outcomes, Inc. Chad is passionate about helping trucking companies across the industry recruit and retain talented drivers through operational changes that help your company stand out from the crowd.
Have you ever been in talks with a driver and they completely disengaged from the conversation, and you weren’t sure why? Or had a driver fail to show at orientation and completely ghost you? In this solo episode of Recruit and Retain: Trucking Edition podcast, Chad discusses why sales skills can be the key to avoiding this problem, and learn tips for helping to steer the conversation in a more positive direction.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How effective communication is the key to understanding drivers’ needs, expectations, and motivations
- Why there is a severe lack of training for recruiters, and why your conversations with drivers sets the tone for the entire interaction
- Why the finish line for a recruiter isn’t when the driver shows up for orientation or achieve a service milestone but rather when you receive a referral
- What information is covered in the two-day training workshop, and how it helps recruiters address their most challenging problems
- Chad shares an example of how to have a conversation with a driver about mileage disparities between carriers
- Why it is important to keep in mind that the person who is asking the questions is in control of the conversation
- Why you should collect stories from successful drivers to share with new candidates to show that everyone matters
- What key questions to ask to lead the conversation and help the driver understand what you are offering
- Why asking the right questions can help you avoid objections and get out ahead of concerns before they even come up
- How to get a $400 discount on Chad’s sales training program at www.recruitersalestraining.com
- Website: www.recruitersalestraining.com