Episode 117: Connected Vehicles with Kelly Frey
If you’re looking at ways to handle recruitment differently to other carriers, have you thought about connected vehicles? By which we mean autonomous vehicles, cameras, GPS, and RFID.
Yes, there’s an initial cost outlay involved with setting the trucks up, but there’s huge benefits to be had for kitting out trucks not only just for drivers, but recruiters looking to recruit and retain new drivers, and for the carrier too – investing in truck connectivity has a direct ROI.
So why aren’t more companies doing it?
Today’s guest is Kelly Frey, Chief Revenue Officer at PrePass, the largest integrated weigh scale bypass and tolling provider in North America.
“We empower every transportation stake holder to secure their place in the future by providing innovative weigh scale bypass, toll payment management and data insight solutions that improve efficiency, safety and productivity”
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Vehicle connectivity
- 60% of commercial vehicles come off the assembly line already connected with cellular technology
- How vehicle connectivity relates to driver satisfaction and retention
- The direct benefit of weigh scale bypass to both driver and carrier
- How PrePass tolling works
- The potential for remote control commercial driving
- Why recruiters need to allay driver fears that they’re going to get replaced by autonomous trucks
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyafrey/
- URL – https://prepass.com/
HOW TO CONNECT WITH KELLY FREY: